Apr 1, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
He underscored that fact on Thursday night, as he stopped all 43 Philadelphia Flyers shots he faced. Despite the fact that the Thrashers almost got doubled up (Philly out-shot them 43-22), they still won 1-0 because of his work.
His best save came against Daniel Briere, who couldn’t cash in a point-blank shot because of Mason’s quick legs. Check it out below.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming