Mar 31, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
This was supposed to be a low-scoring battle between two of the best goaltenders in the league: Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist. Well, it was a low-scoring game with stellar goaltending on both ends of the ice—but it was Sabres back-up Jhonas Enroth who ended up stealing the show. Only seconds into the 3rd period, Enroth came up with a huge pad save on Derek Stepan’s one-timer from the slot to preserve Buffalo’s precious 1-0 lead. Enroth made the lead hold up despite a furious charge at the end of the game by the Rangers. The Blueshirts had plenty of chances down the stretch to tie the game up at 1, but no chance was better than the opportunity Stepan had 10 seconds into the 3rd period.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2