Mar 31, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
This was supposed to be a low-scoring battle between two of the best goaltenders in the league: Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist. Well, it was a low-scoring game with stellar goaltending on both ends of the ice—but it was Sabres back-up Jhonas Enroth who ended up stealing the show. Only seconds into the 3rd period, Enroth came up with a huge pad save on Derek Stepan’s one-timer from the slot to preserve Buffalo’s precious 1-0 lead. Enroth made the lead hold up despite a furious charge at the end of the game by the Rangers. The Blueshirts had plenty of chances down the stretch to tie the game up at 1, but no chance was better than the opportunity Stepan had 10 seconds into the 3rd period.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7