Mar 31, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
This was supposed to be a low-scoring battle between two of the best goaltenders in the league: Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist. Well, it was a low-scoring game with stellar goaltending on both ends of the ice—but it was Sabres back-up Jhonas Enroth who ended up stealing the show. Only seconds into the 3rd period, Enroth came up with a huge pad save on Derek Stepan’s one-timer from the slot to preserve Buffalo’s precious 1-0 lead. Enroth made the lead hold up despite a furious charge at the end of the game by the Rangers. The Blueshirts had plenty of chances down the stretch to tie the game up at 1, but no chance was better than the opportunity Stepan had 10 seconds into the 3rd period.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35