Mar 31, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
Being the Columbus Blue Jackets is tough these days. They’re in last place in the Central Division and they’re missing the playoffs yet again this season. Tonight they face Alexander Ovechkin and the Capitals in Washington, D.C. and now they’re going to do that without their own captain.
Rick Nash is a scratch for tonight’s game with an undisclosed injury and will be checked out further tomorrow. Tomas Kubalik was called up from Springfield in the AHL to take his spot in the lineup tonight. It’s only the second game Nash has missed this year and for a Jackets team playing the role of spoiler the rest of the way, it’s just another kick in the ribs for a team just struggling to get by.
Columbus has been unable to keep teams from scoring on them and scoring goals of their own have been a bit of a chore. Taking their main offensive weapon out of the lineup hurts for sure. If they want to be playoff spoilers, they’ll need to rally in a big way.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)