Mar 31, 2011, 6:31 PM EDT
Being the Columbus Blue Jackets is tough these days. They’re in last place in the Central Division and they’re missing the playoffs yet again this season. Tonight they face Alexander Ovechkin and the Capitals in Washington, D.C. and now they’re going to do that without their own captain.
Rick Nash is a scratch for tonight’s game with an undisclosed injury and will be checked out further tomorrow. Tomas Kubalik was called up from Springfield in the AHL to take his spot in the lineup tonight. It’s only the second game Nash has missed this year and for a Jackets team playing the role of spoiler the rest of the way, it’s just another kick in the ribs for a team just struggling to get by.
Columbus has been unable to keep teams from scoring on them and scoring goals of their own have been a bit of a chore. Taking their main offensive weapon out of the lineup hurts for sure. If they want to be playoff spoilers, they’ll need to rally in a big way.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38