Mar 31, 2011, 6:31 PM EST
Being the Columbus Blue Jackets is tough these days. They’re in last place in the Central Division and they’re missing the playoffs yet again this season. Tonight they face Alexander Ovechkin and the Capitals in Washington, D.C. and now they’re going to do that without their own captain.
Rick Nash is a scratch for tonight’s game with an undisclosed injury and will be checked out further tomorrow. Tomas Kubalik was called up from Springfield in the AHL to take his spot in the lineup tonight. It’s only the second game Nash has missed this year and for a Jackets team playing the role of spoiler the rest of the way, it’s just another kick in the ribs for a team just struggling to get by.
Columbus has been unable to keep teams from scoring on them and scoring goals of their own have been a bit of a chore. Taking their main offensive weapon out of the lineup hurts for sure. If they want to be playoff spoilers, they’ll need to rally in a big way.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 0
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 11
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 27
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (151)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)