Mar 29, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
From the looks of things, the Detroit Red Wings probably won’t need to lean on Joey MacDonald too much being that Jimmy Howard’s shoulder injury seems to only be day-to-day.
Even though MacDonald is putting up nice individual numbers, his record is a paltry 5-4-3 in net. MacDonald stopped 38 out of the 41 shots in a losing effort against the Chicago Blackhawks Monday night, including this sterling stop that earned the March 28th Save of the Night against Michael Frolik. It was a golden opportunity for the young Czech winger, but Joey Mac was up to the task, as you can see below.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115