Mar 29, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
From the looks of things, the Detroit Red Wings probably won’t need to lean on Joey MacDonald too much being that Jimmy Howard’s shoulder injury seems to only be day-to-day.
Even though MacDonald is putting up nice individual numbers, his record is a paltry 5-4-3 in net. MacDonald stopped 38 out of the 41 shots in a losing effort against the Chicago Blackhawks Monday night, including this sterling stop that earned the March 28th Save of the Night against Michael Frolik. It was a golden opportunity for the young Czech winger, but Joey Mac was up to the task, as you can see below.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 7
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 13
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6