Mar 29, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
From the looks of things, the Detroit Red Wings probably won’t need to lean on Joey MacDonald too much being that Jimmy Howard’s shoulder injury seems to only be day-to-day.
Even though MacDonald is putting up nice individual numbers, his record is a paltry 5-4-3 in net. MacDonald stopped 38 out of the 41 shots in a losing effort against the Chicago Blackhawks Monday night, including this sterling stop that earned the March 28th Save of the Night against Michael Frolik. It was a golden opportunity for the young Czech winger, but Joey Mac was up to the task, as you can see below.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17