Mar 29, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
As the season goes on, it’s becoming clear that Matt Hendricks is more than just the guy with an awesomely gnarly eye wound from HBO’s 24/7 series. Maybe he’s not a superstar, but he’s proving to be a serviceable player for the Washington Capitals.
Every once in a while, he shows that he’s capable of a highlight reel goal, as PHT readers attested this week. Here are the poll results for the March 21-27th Goal of the Week.
Check out footage of Hendricks’ goal in this video.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40