Mar 29, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
As the season goes on, it’s becoming clear that Matt Hendricks is more than just the guy with an awesomely gnarly eye wound from HBO’s 24/7 series. Maybe he’s not a superstar, but he’s proving to be a serviceable player for the Washington Capitals.
Every once in a while, he shows that he’s capable of a highlight reel goal, as PHT readers attested this week. Here are the poll results for the March 21-27th Goal of the Week.
Check out footage of Hendricks’ goal in this video.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1