Mar 29, 2011, 1:58 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Typically, we need time to review the evening’s goals the next morning to determine a given night’s Goal of the Night. Yet with only two games on Monday’s schedule and the obviousness of the winner – with all due respect to Marian Hossa‘s crucial OT GWG – it seemed best just to post the winner early.
Teemu Selanne became the oldest player to score a hat trick since 1980 (according to Ryan Lambert), with his most thrilling goal probably being that first penalty shot tally. He also added two primary assists, but this video only covers Selanne’s tallies. The Anaheim Ducks jumped back up to seventh place thanks to their veteran forward’s great night. Check out his hat trick in the video below.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54