Mar 29, 2011, 1:58 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Typically, we need time to review the evening’s goals the next morning to determine a given night’s Goal of the Night. Yet with only two games on Monday’s schedule and the obviousness of the winner – with all due respect to Marian Hossa‘s crucial OT GWG – it seemed best just to post the winner early.
Teemu Selanne became the oldest player to score a hat trick since 1980 (according to Ryan Lambert), with his most thrilling goal probably being that first penalty shot tally. He also added two primary assists, but this video only covers Selanne’s tallies. The Anaheim Ducks jumped back up to seventh place thanks to their veteran forward’s great night. Check out his hat trick in the video below.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 6
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)