Mar 29, 2011, 1:58 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Typically, we need time to review the evening’s goals the next morning to determine a given night’s Goal of the Night. Yet with only two games on Monday’s schedule and the obviousness of the winner – with all due respect to Marian Hossa‘s crucial OT GWG – it seemed best just to post the winner early.
Teemu Selanne became the oldest player to score a hat trick since 1980 (according to Ryan Lambert), with his most thrilling goal probably being that first penalty shot tally. He also added two primary assists, but this video only covers Selanne’s tallies. The Anaheim Ducks jumped back up to seventh place thanks to their veteran forward’s great night. Check out his hat trick in the video below.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 8
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 55
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 17
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8