Mar 29, 2011, 1:58 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Typically, we need time to review the evening’s goals the next morning to determine a given night’s Goal of the Night. Yet with only two games on Monday’s schedule and the obviousness of the winner – with all due respect to Marian Hossa‘s crucial OT GWG – it seemed best just to post the winner early.
Teemu Selanne became the oldest player to score a hat trick since 1980 (according to Ryan Lambert), with his most thrilling goal probably being that first penalty shot tally. He also added two primary assists, but this video only covers Selanne’s tallies. The Anaheim Ducks jumped back up to seventh place thanks to their veteran forward’s great night. Check out his hat trick in the video below.
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)