Mar 29, 2011, 1:58 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Typically, we need time to review the evening’s goals the next morning to determine a given night’s Goal of the Night. Yet with only two games on Monday’s schedule and the obviousness of the winner – with all due respect to Marian Hossa‘s crucial OT GWG – it seemed best just to post the winner early.
Teemu Selanne became the oldest player to score a hat trick since 1980 (according to Ryan Lambert), with his most thrilling goal probably being that first penalty shot tally. He also added two primary assists, but this video only covers Selanne’s tallies. The Anaheim Ducks jumped back up to seventh place thanks to their veteran forward’s great night. Check out his hat trick in the video below.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)