Mar 28, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Marc-Andre Fleury has very quietly been the biggest reason why the Pittsburgh Penguins continue to stay strong in the East and keep winning. He’s also the reason the Philadelphia Flyers have to keep looking over their shoulders in their effort to win the Atlantic Division. Now the Florida Panthers have a good reason to shake their heads at Fleury after his insane leg save on Michal Repik. Fleury’s save kept the Panthers off the board and allowed the game to go to a shootout where the Penguins took home the win, their fourth straight. Oddly enough, all four wins on this streak have come in the shootout. Be sure to thank Marc-Andre for his work Pens fans.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 4
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39