Mar 28, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Marc-Andre Fleury has very quietly been the biggest reason why the Pittsburgh Penguins continue to stay strong in the East and keep winning. He’s also the reason the Philadelphia Flyers have to keep looking over their shoulders in their effort to win the Atlantic Division. Now the Florida Panthers have a good reason to shake their heads at Fleury after his insane leg save on Michal Repik. Fleury’s save kept the Panthers off the board and allowed the game to go to a shootout where the Penguins took home the win, their fourth straight. Oddly enough, all four wins on this streak have come in the shootout. Be sure to thank Marc-Andre for his work Pens fans.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22