Mar 28, 2011, 1:35 AM EDT
A milestone win for the Canucks as for the first time in team history they won 50 games. Chris Higgins had two goals and an assist to lead the way while Cory Schneider stopped 39 shots to ensure victory. Henrik Sedin and Christian Ehrhoff also added goals for Vancouver as they continue their dominance out west. R.J. Umberger had the Jackets’ only goal. The win gives Vancouver 109 points on the season and extends their lead over Detroit for the top spot to 12 points. One more Canucks win will lock up the top spot in the West and home ice throughout the playoffs.
Pittsburgh 2 – Florida 1 (F/SO)
Pittsburgh won their fourth straight game, all of which have come via the shootout – a new and unique record all of their own. Ben Lovejoy scored in regulation for the Pens while James Neal and Alex Kovalev scored in the shootout to help the Pens cut Philly’s advantage in the Atlantic Division to just four points. Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 37 shots in the win, meanwhile Tomas Vokoun left the game with just seconds left in the third with a back injury. He’s expected back this week.
Atlanta 5 – Ottawa 4 (F/SO)
It’s not much of a pulse, but the Thrashers still have one for the playoffs after taking out Craig Anderson in the shootout. Andrew Ladd netted the winner in the shootout while four different Thrashers scored in regulation. Atlanta managed to blow a 4-2 lead in the third to allow the Sens back in the game. Chris Mason earned the win for Atlanta in goal. Marek Svatos scored twice for Ottawa. Atlanta is nine points out of the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference with seven games left to play.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)