Mar 28, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
As a season goes along, nagging injuries can be some of the most annoying to deal with. They’re bad enough to keep a player out of the lineup for a couple games at a time, but not bad enough so they put a player on the shelf for a while. The Red Wings have had a few of these to deal with of late and tonight they get one of their big scorers back.
Johan Franzen will be back in the Detroit lineup tonight after declaring himself healthy enough to go. Meanwhile, Todd Bertuzzi will be back in there as well after he returned on Saturday night against Toronto. Bertuzzi scored an empty net goal in the Wings win over the Leafs.
One guy that won’t be back yet is Pavel Datsyuk as he’s still day-to-day with a lower body injury. Tonight will be his fifth straight game out of the lineup and don’t expect Detroit to try and hurry him back as having him healthy for the playoffs is far more important.
Also, Joey MacDonald will start tonight with Jimmy Howard out of it after being hurt against Toronto. Former first round pick Thomas McCollum will be backing up MacDonald tonight after being recalled from the AHL. Luckily for Detroit, the news on Howard isn’t as bad as it was first feared. Howard did skate in practice this morning but did not take any shots. The Wings officially say his injury is a sprained shoulder and he’s out day-to-day.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8