Mar 28, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
Blues forward T.J. Oshie could be in a little bit of trouble in St. Louis.
This morning, Oshie missed the team’s practice. The Blues have stated that Oshie’s absence was “unexcused” and that they’ll handle the matter internally. That doesn’t exactly sound like a good situation to be in.
Coach Davis Payne said that he plans to meet with general manager Doug Armstrong to determine how to best handle the situation and discuss what any possible discipline may be for Oshie.
Oshie has had a rough year dealing with an ankle injury that cut his season off right as it was starting to get good in November. His play and recovery since coming back from that has been tepid, something that could describe the rest of the Blues roster for the most part as well.
With just ten goals and 20 assists in 44 games this year, it’s been a letdown season for Oshie as he was shaping up for a breakout season as one of the team’s better two-way forwards. Now with this possible side show erupting as the season closes out, the Blues may have something to work out with Oshie as far as personal responsibility.
Missing practice isn’t OK to do at the pee-wee level, doing so at the professional level is unheard of.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 7
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 34
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 147
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (148)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)