Mar 28, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
Blues forward T.J. Oshie could be in a little bit of trouble in St. Louis.
This morning, Oshie missed the team’s practice. The Blues have stated that Oshie’s absence was “unexcused” and that they’ll handle the matter internally. That doesn’t exactly sound like a good situation to be in.
Coach Davis Payne said that he plans to meet with general manager Doug Armstrong to determine how to best handle the situation and discuss what any possible discipline may be for Oshie.
Oshie has had a rough year dealing with an ankle injury that cut his season off right as it was starting to get good in November. His play and recovery since coming back from that has been tepid, something that could describe the rest of the Blues roster for the most part as well.
With just ten goals and 20 assists in 44 games this year, it’s been a letdown season for Oshie as he was shaping up for a breakout season as one of the team’s better two-way forwards. Now with this possible side show erupting as the season closes out, the Blues may have something to work out with Oshie as far as personal responsibility.
Missing practice isn’t OK to do at the pee-wee level, doing so at the professional level is unheard of.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)