Mar 28, 2011, 3:11 PM EST
Blues forward T.J. Oshie could be in a little bit of trouble in St. Louis.
This morning, Oshie missed the team’s practice. The Blues have stated that Oshie’s absence was “unexcused” and that they’ll handle the matter internally. That doesn’t exactly sound like a good situation to be in.
Coach Davis Payne said that he plans to meet with general manager Doug Armstrong to determine how to best handle the situation and discuss what any possible discipline may be for Oshie.
Oshie has had a rough year dealing with an ankle injury that cut his season off right as it was starting to get good in November. His play and recovery since coming back from that has been tepid, something that could describe the rest of the Blues roster for the most part as well.
With just ten goals and 20 assists in 44 games this year, it’s been a letdown season for Oshie as he was shaping up for a breakout season as one of the team’s better two-way forwards. Now with this possible side show erupting as the season closes out, the Blues may have something to work out with Oshie as far as personal responsibility.
Missing practice isn’t OK to do at the pee-wee level, doing so at the professional level is unheard of.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 24
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)