Mar 28, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
Blues forward T.J. Oshie could be in a little bit of trouble in St. Louis.
This morning, Oshie missed the team’s practice. The Blues have stated that Oshie’s absence was “unexcused” and that they’ll handle the matter internally. That doesn’t exactly sound like a good situation to be in.
Coach Davis Payne said that he plans to meet with general manager Doug Armstrong to determine how to best handle the situation and discuss what any possible discipline may be for Oshie.
Oshie has had a rough year dealing with an ankle injury that cut his season off right as it was starting to get good in November. His play and recovery since coming back from that has been tepid, something that could describe the rest of the Blues roster for the most part as well.
With just ten goals and 20 assists in 44 games this year, it’s been a letdown season for Oshie as he was shaping up for a breakout season as one of the team’s better two-way forwards. Now with this possible side show erupting as the season closes out, the Blues may have something to work out with Oshie as far as personal responsibility.
Missing practice isn’t OK to do at the pee-wee level, doing so at the professional level is unheard of.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)