Mar 28, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
Blues forward T.J. Oshie could be in a little bit of trouble in St. Louis.
This morning, Oshie missed the team’s practice. The Blues have stated that Oshie’s absence was “unexcused” and that they’ll handle the matter internally. That doesn’t exactly sound like a good situation to be in.
Coach Davis Payne said that he plans to meet with general manager Doug Armstrong to determine how to best handle the situation and discuss what any possible discipline may be for Oshie.
Oshie has had a rough year dealing with an ankle injury that cut his season off right as it was starting to get good in November. His play and recovery since coming back from that has been tepid, something that could describe the rest of the Blues roster for the most part as well.
With just ten goals and 20 assists in 44 games this year, it’s been a letdown season for Oshie as he was shaping up for a breakout season as one of the team’s better two-way forwards. Now with this possible side show erupting as the season closes out, the Blues may have something to work out with Oshie as far as personal responsibility.
Missing practice isn’t OK to do at the pee-wee level, doing so at the professional level is unheard of.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)