Mar 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
Last night, Detroit Red Wings fans wondered if their team’s playoff hopes might be in serious danger after Jimmy Howard hurt his shoulder after Joffrey Lupul landed on it. For a little while there, it seemed like the team’s playoff hopes might rest on Joey MacDonald’s healthier shoulders.
As it turns out, things shouldn’t be too dire for Howard or the Red Wings. Various sources report that preliminary tests show it was only a shoulder sprain. In fact, Howard said he hopes to be back as soon as Wednesday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
In other words, Howard might only miss one game. Considering the fears evoked by that injury, that’s quite the bargain for Detroit.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)