Mar 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Last night, Detroit Red Wings fans wondered if their team’s playoff hopes might be in serious danger after Jimmy Howard hurt his shoulder after Joffrey Lupul landed on it. For a little while there, it seemed like the team’s playoff hopes might rest on Joey MacDonald’s healthier shoulders.
As it turns out, things shouldn’t be too dire for Howard or the Red Wings. Various sources report that preliminary tests show it was only a shoulder sprain. In fact, Howard said he hopes to be back as soon as Wednesday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
In other words, Howard might only miss one game. Considering the fears evoked by that injury, that’s quite the bargain for Detroit.
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 3
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 10
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 26
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 44
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (104)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)