Mar 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Last night, Detroit Red Wings fans wondered if their team’s playoff hopes might be in serious danger after Jimmy Howard hurt his shoulder after Joffrey Lupul landed on it. For a little while there, it seemed like the team’s playoff hopes might rest on Joey MacDonald’s healthier shoulders.
As it turns out, things shouldn’t be too dire for Howard or the Red Wings. Various sources report that preliminary tests show it was only a shoulder sprain. In fact, Howard said he hopes to be back as soon as Wednesday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
In other words, Howard might only miss one game. Considering the fears evoked by that injury, that’s quite the bargain for Detroit.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)