Mar 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Last night, Detroit Red Wings fans wondered if their team’s playoff hopes might be in serious danger after Jimmy Howard hurt his shoulder after Joffrey Lupul landed on it. For a little while there, it seemed like the team’s playoff hopes might rest on Joey MacDonald’s healthier shoulders.
As it turns out, things shouldn’t be too dire for Howard or the Red Wings. Various sources report that preliminary tests show it was only a shoulder sprain. In fact, Howard said he hopes to be back as soon as Wednesday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
In other words, Howard might only miss one game. Considering the fears evoked by that injury, that’s quite the bargain for Detroit.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)