Mar 27, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Last night, Detroit Red Wings fans wondered if their team’s playoff hopes might be in serious danger after Jimmy Howard hurt his shoulder after Joffrey Lupul landed on it. For a little while there, it seemed like the team’s playoff hopes might rest on Joey MacDonald’s healthier shoulders.
As it turns out, things shouldn’t be too dire for Howard or the Red Wings. Various sources report that preliminary tests show it was only a shoulder sprain. In fact, Howard said he hopes to be back as soon as Wednesday’s game against the St. Louis Blues.
In other words, Howard might only miss one game. Considering the fears evoked by that injury, that’s quite the bargain for Detroit.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 11
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)