Mar 25, 2011, 5:34 PM EST
Dust off your Hillary Duff jokes (and GIFs) again, because it looks like Mike Comrie will be back in the Pittsburgh Penguins’ lineup tonight. He will take the place of forward Dustin Jeffrey, who reportedly injured his right leg during last night’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
A hip injury sidelined Comrie beginning on November 24th and forced him to have surgery on December 29th.
When he did play for the Penguins, he wasn’t very effective, going without a goal and earning just five assists in 16 games during his abbreviated 2010-11 season. Then again, that injury might have been bothering him the entire time for all we know.
Shelly Anderson also points out that backup goalie Brent Johnson is day-to-day with a minor injury, so Brad Thiessen will dress behind Marc-Andre Fleury tonight. These aren’t the kind of additions (or subtractions) that really make a difference for the Penguins, unless Comrie ends up being a bigger asset that he was so far this season.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)