Mar 25, 2011, 5:34 PM EST
Dust off your Hillary Duff jokes (and GIFs) again, because it looks like Mike Comrie will be back in the Pittsburgh Penguins’ lineup tonight. He will take the place of forward Dustin Jeffrey, who reportedly injured his right leg during last night’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
A hip injury sidelined Comrie beginning on November 24th and forced him to have surgery on December 29th.
When he did play for the Penguins, he wasn’t very effective, going without a goal and earning just five assists in 16 games during his abbreviated 2010-11 season. Then again, that injury might have been bothering him the entire time for all we know.
Shelly Anderson also points out that backup goalie Brent Johnson is day-to-day with a minor injury, so Brad Thiessen will dress behind Marc-Andre Fleury tonight. These aren’t the kind of additions (or subtractions) that really make a difference for the Penguins, unless Comrie ends up being a bigger asset that he was so far this season.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)