Mar 25, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Dust off your Hillary Duff jokes (and GIFs) again, because it looks like Mike Comrie will be back in the Pittsburgh Penguins’ lineup tonight. He will take the place of forward Dustin Jeffrey, who reportedly injured his right leg during last night’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
A hip injury sidelined Comrie beginning on November 24th and forced him to have surgery on December 29th.
When he did play for the Penguins, he wasn’t very effective, going without a goal and earning just five assists in 16 games during his abbreviated 2010-11 season. Then again, that injury might have been bothering him the entire time for all we know.
Shelly Anderson also points out that backup goalie Brent Johnson is day-to-day with a minor injury, so Brad Thiessen will dress behind Marc-Andre Fleury tonight. These aren’t the kind of additions (or subtractions) that really make a difference for the Penguins, unless Comrie ends up being a bigger asset that he was so far this season.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)