Mar 25, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
Dust off your Hillary Duff jokes (and GIFs) again, because it looks like Mike Comrie will be back in the Pittsburgh Penguins’ lineup tonight. He will take the place of forward Dustin Jeffrey, who reportedly injured his right leg during last night’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
A hip injury sidelined Comrie beginning on November 24th and forced him to have surgery on December 29th.
When he did play for the Penguins, he wasn’t very effective, going without a goal and earning just five assists in 16 games during his abbreviated 2010-11 season. Then again, that injury might have been bothering him the entire time for all we know.
Shelly Anderson also points out that backup goalie Brent Johnson is day-to-day with a minor injury, so Brad Thiessen will dress behind Marc-Andre Fleury tonight. These aren’t the kind of additions (or subtractions) that really make a difference for the Penguins, unless Comrie ends up being a bigger asset that he was so far this season.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)