Mar 25, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
While only one player’s potential return will likely have a chance to make an impact on this season’s playoffs, Sidney Crosby and Zach Parise seem like they are progressing toward returns for the Pittsburgh Penguins and New Jersey Devils respectively.
There’s nothing particularly concrete about Crosby’s return, but the video at the bottom of this post is pretty impressive. Then again, there’s a significant difference between completing drills and playing full-contact hockey.
While Crosby’s comeback is still unclear, it sounds like Parise could play in an NHL game in less than a week. Tom Gulitti reports that Parise didn’t specifically say it, but it looks like he might be back as early as Wednesday’s home game against the New York Islanders.
Parise told Gulitti that he thinks “a couple more practices will do it.” While I openly wondered about the wisdom of his return, if he can do so without jeopardizing his big-picture future, then all the power to him. It’s almost certainly too late for the New Jersey Devils to make the playoffs, but it’s not too late for Parise to earn himself some more bucks as a restricted free agent.
Anyway, enjoy this video of Crosby practicing, from NHL.com.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)