Mar 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
In the bigger picture, Wednesday night was a pretty awful one for the Calgary Flames. They were beaten soundly by the San Jose Sharks 6-3, with Miikka Kiprusoff yielding all six goals. Not only that, but the Anaheim Ducks-Dallas Stars contest ended up being a three-point game and the Chicago Blackhawks earned a 4-0 shutout win against the Florida Panthers. In other words – aside from catastrophic injuries taking place – it was about as poor an evening as one could ask for.
But if nothing else, it’s tough to fault Kipper. You have to remember that a huge workload can expose the worst in a goalie – he played at least 73 games the last five years and is at 65 right now – yet he keeps chugging along. He keeps making great saves too, like this fantastic example of his lateral movement, which earned the March 23rd Save of the Night.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25