Mar 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
In the bigger picture, Wednesday night was a pretty awful one for the Calgary Flames. They were beaten soundly by the San Jose Sharks 6-3, with Miikka Kiprusoff yielding all six goals. Not only that, but the Anaheim Ducks-Dallas Stars contest ended up being a three-point game and the Chicago Blackhawks earned a 4-0 shutout win against the Florida Panthers. In other words – aside from catastrophic injuries taking place – it was about as poor an evening as one could ask for.
But if nothing else, it’s tough to fault Kipper. You have to remember that a huge workload can expose the worst in a goalie – he played at least 73 games the last five years and is at 65 right now – yet he keeps chugging along. He keeps making great saves too, like this fantastic example of his lateral movement, which earned the March 23rd Save of the Night.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)