Mar 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
In the bigger picture, Wednesday night was a pretty awful one for the Calgary Flames. They were beaten soundly by the San Jose Sharks 6-3, with Miikka Kiprusoff yielding all six goals. Not only that, but the Anaheim Ducks-Dallas Stars contest ended up being a three-point game and the Chicago Blackhawks earned a 4-0 shutout win against the Florida Panthers. In other words – aside from catastrophic injuries taking place – it was about as poor an evening as one could ask for.
But if nothing else, it’s tough to fault Kipper. You have to remember that a huge workload can expose the worst in a goalie – he played at least 73 games the last five years and is at 65 right now – yet he keeps chugging along. He keeps making great saves too, like this fantastic example of his lateral movement, which earned the March 23rd Save of the Night.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 44
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)