Mar 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
In the bigger picture, Wednesday night was a pretty awful one for the Calgary Flames. They were beaten soundly by the San Jose Sharks 6-3, with Miikka Kiprusoff yielding all six goals. Not only that, but the Anaheim Ducks-Dallas Stars contest ended up being a three-point game and the Chicago Blackhawks earned a 4-0 shutout win against the Florida Panthers. In other words – aside from catastrophic injuries taking place – it was about as poor an evening as one could ask for.
But if nothing else, it’s tough to fault Kipper. You have to remember that a huge workload can expose the worst in a goalie – he played at least 73 games the last five years and is at 65 right now – yet he keeps chugging along. He keeps making great saves too, like this fantastic example of his lateral movement, which earned the March 23rd Save of the Night.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)