Mar 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
In the bigger picture, Wednesday night was a pretty awful one for the Calgary Flames. They were beaten soundly by the San Jose Sharks 6-3, with Miikka Kiprusoff yielding all six goals. Not only that, but the Anaheim Ducks-Dallas Stars contest ended up being a three-point game and the Chicago Blackhawks earned a 4-0 shutout win against the Florida Panthers. In other words – aside from catastrophic injuries taking place – it was about as poor an evening as one could ask for.
But if nothing else, it’s tough to fault Kipper. You have to remember that a huge workload can expose the worst in a goalie – he played at least 73 games the last five years and is at 65 right now – yet he keeps chugging along. He keeps making great saves too, like this fantastic example of his lateral movement, which earned the March 23rd Save of the Night.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14