Mar 24, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
If you were hoping that Washington Capitals stars Mike Green, Alex Ovechkin and other injured players would skate during the team’s small Canadian tour this weekend, then you’re out of luck. But if you’re a Caps fan hoping that your team might be close to 100 percent once playoff time rolls around, your chances are quite a bit better.
Yesterday, we discussed the wisdom of the Capitals’ decision to rest Ovechkin; the latest update from Katie Carrera is that he’s expected to return in five to seven days. Carrera reports that both Oveckin and fellow injured forward Jason Arnott skated today as well, with Ovechkin apparently wearing knee pads under his warm-up gear.
Most of Washington’s injuries tend to be of the short-term variety like Ovechkin’s (and to a lesser extent, Arnott’s, as he is week-to-week), with the notable exception of Green’s concussion problems. Bruce Boudreau told Carrera that the team should know by Monday whether or not he can return by the regular season. Boudreau added that the team wants to see him complete at least three good practices before he can play in a game.
The team’s injury situations are up in the air at the moment, but the only player whose playoff future seems to be in serious doubt is Green’s. We’ll keep you informed as the Caps attempt to ramp up their playoff success this coming summer.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)