Mar 23, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
How does a team that’s been playing hot of late find a way to get better? They get their rookie of the year candidate back in the lineup. San Jose will see Logan Couture come back from a lower body injury and rejoin the lineup tonight against Calgary.
Couture has 27 goals and 21 assists this year putting him third amongst rookies in overall points behind Jeff Skinner and Michael Grabner. Couture has been a spark plug this season for the Sharks while other veteran players have gone through the motions with slumps. Everyone from Joe Thornton to Patrick Marleau to Dany Heatley have had their bouts with inconsistent play this year but Couture has been a rock and is second on the team in goals behind Marleau.
Speaking of Heatley, he makes his return to the lineup tonight as well after missing two games thanks to his elbow to the head of Dallas’ Steve Ott. Given that the Sharks have won three in a row now without Couture and Heatley thanks to getting great play from Joe Pavelski and Marleau, if Couture and Heatley can come back and get their own offense going the Sharks look very dangerous heading into the playoffs.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (59)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)