Mar 23, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
How does a team that’s been playing hot of late find a way to get better? They get their rookie of the year candidate back in the lineup. San Jose will see Logan Couture come back from a lower body injury and rejoin the lineup tonight against Calgary.
Couture has 27 goals and 21 assists this year putting him third amongst rookies in overall points behind Jeff Skinner and Michael Grabner. Couture has been a spark plug this season for the Sharks while other veteran players have gone through the motions with slumps. Everyone from Joe Thornton to Patrick Marleau to Dany Heatley have had their bouts with inconsistent play this year but Couture has been a rock and is second on the team in goals behind Marleau.
Speaking of Heatley, he makes his return to the lineup tonight as well after missing two games thanks to his elbow to the head of Dallas’ Steve Ott. Given that the Sharks have won three in a row now without Couture and Heatley thanks to getting great play from Joe Pavelski and Marleau, if Couture and Heatley can come back and get their own offense going the Sharks look very dangerous heading into the playoffs.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)