Mar 23, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
How does a team that’s been playing hot of late find a way to get better? They get their rookie of the year candidate back in the lineup. San Jose will see Logan Couture come back from a lower body injury and rejoin the lineup tonight against Calgary.
Couture has 27 goals and 21 assists this year putting him third amongst rookies in overall points behind Jeff Skinner and Michael Grabner. Couture has been a spark plug this season for the Sharks while other veteran players have gone through the motions with slumps. Everyone from Joe Thornton to Patrick Marleau to Dany Heatley have had their bouts with inconsistent play this year but Couture has been a rock and is second on the team in goals behind Marleau.
Speaking of Heatley, he makes his return to the lineup tonight as well after missing two games thanks to his elbow to the head of Dallas’ Steve Ott. Given that the Sharks have won three in a row now without Couture and Heatley thanks to getting great play from Joe Pavelski and Marleau, if Couture and Heatley can come back and get their own offense going the Sharks look very dangerous heading into the playoffs.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)