Mar 23, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
How does a team that’s been playing hot of late find a way to get better? They get their rookie of the year candidate back in the lineup. San Jose will see Logan Couture come back from a lower body injury and rejoin the lineup tonight against Calgary.
Couture has 27 goals and 21 assists this year putting him third amongst rookies in overall points behind Jeff Skinner and Michael Grabner. Couture has been a spark plug this season for the Sharks while other veteran players have gone through the motions with slumps. Everyone from Joe Thornton to Patrick Marleau to Dany Heatley have had their bouts with inconsistent play this year but Couture has been a rock and is second on the team in goals behind Marleau.
Speaking of Heatley, he makes his return to the lineup tonight as well after missing two games thanks to his elbow to the head of Dallas’ Steve Ott. Given that the Sharks have won three in a row now without Couture and Heatley thanks to getting great play from Joe Pavelski and Marleau, if Couture and Heatley can come back and get their own offense going the Sharks look very dangerous heading into the playoffs.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)