Mar 23, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
How does a team that’s been playing hot of late find a way to get better? They get their rookie of the year candidate back in the lineup. San Jose will see Logan Couture come back from a lower body injury and rejoin the lineup tonight against Calgary.
Couture has 27 goals and 21 assists this year putting him third amongst rookies in overall points behind Jeff Skinner and Michael Grabner. Couture has been a spark plug this season for the Sharks while other veteran players have gone through the motions with slumps. Everyone from Joe Thornton to Patrick Marleau to Dany Heatley have had their bouts with inconsistent play this year but Couture has been a rock and is second on the team in goals behind Marleau.
Speaking of Heatley, he makes his return to the lineup tonight as well after missing two games thanks to his elbow to the head of Dallas’ Steve Ott. Given that the Sharks have won three in a row now without Couture and Heatley thanks to getting great play from Joe Pavelski and Marleau, if Couture and Heatley can come back and get their own offense going the Sharks look very dangerous heading into the playoffs.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 4
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 8
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)