Mar 23, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Tuesday night at the Bell Centre was billed as a battle of elite goaltenders with serious playoff positioning on the line. Ryan Miller may have escaped with the 31 save shutout to win the game for the Sabres, but Carey Price had the best save of the night. With the Sabres buzzing on a delayed penalty, the puck rebounded out to a wide-open Jordan Leopold. The defenseman fired the puck on net, but Price was able to flash his right leg pad to the post to deny a sure goal. Surely he would have preferred the win, but Price can take comfort that at least his best save looked better than Miller’s. So at least he has that going for him.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7