Mar 23, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have taken some serious blows lately, injury-wise, with the recent losses of Dave Bolland and Patrick Sharp. So overall, they’re likely to be less than full-speed, but there are some bits of good news.
Swedish league prospect Marcus Kruger is primed to debut for the ‘Hawks tonight while expensive offensive defenseman Brian Campbell said there’s a “good chance” he might return against the Florida Panthers this evening, according to Tracey Myers.
The Blackhawks seem pretty excited about Kruger, who might be able to replace some of the two-way play the team is losing in Bolland’s absence.
Campbell missed Chicago’s last three games with a left foot injury. It’s easy to criticize “Soupy” for being overpaid and defensively suspect, but he still brings value to the table as an offensive catalyst. He has 25 points in 55 games so far this season – which is a little off his typical pace – but he remains a useful (if overpriced) asset for the team.
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 11
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 7
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)