Mar 23, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have taken some serious blows lately, injury-wise, with the recent losses of Dave Bolland and Patrick Sharp. So overall, they’re likely to be less than full-speed, but there are some bits of good news.
Swedish league prospect Marcus Kruger is primed to debut for the ‘Hawks tonight while expensive offensive defenseman Brian Campbell said there’s a “good chance” he might return against the Florida Panthers this evening, according to Tracey Myers.
The Blackhawks seem pretty excited about Kruger, who might be able to replace some of the two-way play the team is losing in Bolland’s absence.
Campbell missed Chicago’s last three games with a left foot injury. It’s easy to criticize “Soupy” for being overpaid and defensively suspect, but he still brings value to the table as an offensive catalyst. He has 25 points in 55 games so far this season – which is a little off his typical pace – but he remains a useful (if overpriced) asset for the team.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 9
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 6
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 31
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 56
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 84
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut