Mar 23, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have taken some serious blows lately, injury-wise, with the recent losses of Dave Bolland and Patrick Sharp. So overall, they’re likely to be less than full-speed, but there are some bits of good news.
Swedish league prospect Marcus Kruger is primed to debut for the ‘Hawks tonight while expensive offensive defenseman Brian Campbell said there’s a “good chance” he might return against the Florida Panthers this evening, according to Tracey Myers.
The Blackhawks seem pretty excited about Kruger, who might be able to replace some of the two-way play the team is losing in Bolland’s absence.
Campbell missed Chicago’s last three games with a left foot injury. It’s easy to criticize “Soupy” for being overpaid and defensively suspect, but he still brings value to the table as an offensive catalyst. He has 25 points in 55 games so far this season – which is a little off his typical pace – but he remains a useful (if overpriced) asset for the team.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)