Mar 23, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have taken some serious blows lately, injury-wise, with the recent losses of Dave Bolland and Patrick Sharp. So overall, they’re likely to be less than full-speed, but there are some bits of good news.
Swedish league prospect Marcus Kruger is primed to debut for the ‘Hawks tonight while expensive offensive defenseman Brian Campbell said there’s a “good chance” he might return against the Florida Panthers this evening, according to Tracey Myers.
The Blackhawks seem pretty excited about Kruger, who might be able to replace some of the two-way play the team is losing in Bolland’s absence.
Campbell missed Chicago’s last three games with a left foot injury. It’s easy to criticize “Soupy” for being overpaid and defensively suspect, but he still brings value to the table as an offensive catalyst. He has 25 points in 55 games so far this season – which is a little off his typical pace – but he remains a useful (if overpriced) asset for the team.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 10
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 66
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (103)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)