Mar 23, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have taken some serious blows lately, injury-wise, with the recent losses of Dave Bolland and Patrick Sharp. So overall, they’re likely to be less than full-speed, but there are some bits of good news.
Swedish league prospect Marcus Kruger is primed to debut for the ‘Hawks tonight while expensive offensive defenseman Brian Campbell said there’s a “good chance” he might return against the Florida Panthers this evening, according to Tracey Myers.
The Blackhawks seem pretty excited about Kruger, who might be able to replace some of the two-way play the team is losing in Bolland’s absence.
Campbell missed Chicago’s last three games with a left foot injury. It’s easy to criticize “Soupy” for being overpaid and defensively suspect, but he still brings value to the table as an offensive catalyst. He has 25 points in 55 games so far this season – which is a little off his typical pace – but he remains a useful (if overpriced) asset for the team.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 0
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 7
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)