Mar 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We’re not in the habit of rewarding shootout goals as the Goal of the Night unless the move/goal is something spectacular. In this instance,Matt Hendricks certainly meets the “spectacular” threshold and then some. The only bad thing about the goal is that from a humanistic perspective, one might feel sorry for Brian Boucher. He bit so hard on a couple of those dekes he may have pulled a groin, injured an ACL and tweeked his back all on one shootout. It’s surprising to see an NHL goaltender look that bad on a shootout attempt.
Speaking of surprises, who would have guessed that Matt Hendricks would be the Washington Capitals player capable of uncorking this beauty? Here we thought he was just the guy with a messed up eye from 24/7.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)