Mar 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We’re not in the habit of rewarding shootout goals as the Goal of the Night unless the move/goal is something spectacular. In this instance,Matt Hendricks certainly meets the “spectacular” threshold and then some. The only bad thing about the goal is that from a humanistic perspective, one might feel sorry for Brian Boucher. He bit so hard on a couple of those dekes he may have pulled a groin, injured an ACL and tweeked his back all on one shootout. It’s surprising to see an NHL goaltender look that bad on a shootout attempt.
Speaking of surprises, who would have guessed that Matt Hendricks would be the Washington Capitals player capable of uncorking this beauty? Here we thought he was just the guy with a messed up eye from 24/7.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 1
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 4
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)