Mar 23, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We’re not in the habit of rewarding shootout goals as the Goal of the Night unless the move/goal is something spectacular. In this instance,Matt Hendricks certainly meets the “spectacular” threshold and then some. The only bad thing about the goal is that from a humanistic perspective, one might feel sorry for Brian Boucher. He bit so hard on a couple of those dekes he may have pulled a groin, injured an ACL and tweeked his back all on one shootout. It’s surprising to see an NHL goaltender look that bad on a shootout attempt.
Speaking of surprises, who would have guessed that Matt Hendricks would be the Washington Capitals player capable of uncorking this beauty? Here we thought he was just the guy with a messed up eye from 24/7.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)