Mar 22, 2011, 11:47 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
In general, I tend to praise quality over quantity in most situations. Sure, it’s cheaper to buy a 12-pack of Milwaukee’s Best instead of some fancy import, but that doesn’t mean it’s a better idea.
Yet every now and then, you get one of those lucky moments of simultaneous quality and quantity. Henrik Lundqvist‘s Save of the Week included two great glove saves, so perhaps that explains why he narrowly took the March 14-20th award.
Check out the poll results here.
Watch video footage of the goal below.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5