Mar 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The hockey world enjoys making fun of Olli Jokinen, but he’s been quietly effective since December. The oft-ridiculed center has 41 points in his last 51 games after getting only nine in his first 21 contests. That makes him something of a steal for the Flames, although we’ll have to see if he can keep up this momentum next season (the final year of his two-year, $6 million deal).
Either way, he’s been surprisingly effective for Calgary the last few months. Watch as he gathers a well-placed breakout pass from Cory Sarich and then buries a game-tying goal for the Flames. The Kings eventually won it, but not before Jokinen earned his team a charity point.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54