Mar 22, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
Last week’s group of goals included some other highs (Tyler Ennis shaking off two defenseman, one defenseman’s stick and Chris Mason‘s save attempt being one) and one profound low (Jonathan Quick allowing a half-ice goal), but ultimately PHT readers felt that Brooks Laich produced the best effort.
Laich isn’t the first player you mention when considering the Washington Capitals’ best scorers, but that doesn’t mean he cannot provide the occasional highlight reel goal. Check out the poll results below and the video of his Goal of the Week winner at the bottom of this post.
Here’s video footage of the Laich goal.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 9
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4