Mar 22, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
Last week’s group of goals included some other highs (Tyler Ennis shaking off two defenseman, one defenseman’s stick and Chris Mason‘s save attempt being one) and one profound low (Jonathan Quick allowing a half-ice goal), but ultimately PHT readers felt that Brooks Laich produced the best effort.
Laich isn’t the first player you mention when considering the Washington Capitals’ best scorers, but that doesn’t mean he cannot provide the occasional highlight reel goal. Check out the poll results below and the video of his Goal of the Week winner at the bottom of this post.
Here’s video footage of the Laich goal.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)