Mar 22, 2011, 2:26 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
Last week’s group of goals included some other highs (Tyler Ennis shaking off two defenseman, one defenseman’s stick and Chris Mason‘s save attempt being one) and one profound low (Jonathan Quick allowing a half-ice goal), but ultimately PHT readers felt that Brooks Laich produced the best effort.
Laich isn’t the first player you mention when considering the Washington Capitals’ best scorers, but that doesn’t mean he cannot provide the occasional highlight reel goal. Check out the poll results below and the video of his Goal of the Week winner at the bottom of this post.
Here’s video footage of the Laich goal.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8