Mar 22, 2011, 2:26 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
Last week’s group of goals included some other highs (Tyler Ennis shaking off two defenseman, one defenseman’s stick and Chris Mason‘s save attempt being one) and one profound low (Jonathan Quick allowing a half-ice goal), but ultimately PHT readers felt that Brooks Laich produced the best effort.
Laich isn’t the first player you mention when considering the Washington Capitals’ best scorers, but that doesn’t mean he cannot provide the occasional highlight reel goal. Check out the poll results below and the video of his Goal of the Week winner at the bottom of this post.
Here’s video footage of the Laich goal.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)