Mar 22, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
Last week’s group of goals included some other highs (Tyler Ennis shaking off two defenseman, one defenseman’s stick and Chris Mason‘s save attempt being one) and one profound low (Jonathan Quick allowing a half-ice goal), but ultimately PHT readers felt that Brooks Laich produced the best effort.
Laich isn’t the first player you mention when considering the Washington Capitals’ best scorers, but that doesn’t mean he cannot provide the occasional highlight reel goal. Check out the poll results below and the video of his Goal of the Week winner at the bottom of this post.
Here’s video footage of the Laich goal.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 47
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 39
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 30
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 40
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)