Mar 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Nashville’s Anders Lindback might be a giant in goal (he’s 6’6″) but he’s as fast and nimble as even the smallest of players. Case in point, his dual saves on Thomas Vanek that saw him first kick away the shot and then make a sprawling glove save helped remind us of a guy that used to patrol the net in Buffalo years ago. New Sabres owner Terry Pegula would love to see guys play like Dominik Hasek in Buffalo, but he’d prefer them to be wearing a Buffalo sweater.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6