Mar 21, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Logan Couture went down with a leg injury that forced his teammates to help him off the ice on Saturday night, certainly a scary sight for San Jose Sharks fans. For those of you looking for an update on Couture’s status, it’s a good news/bad news situation.
The bad news is that Couture did not skate during the team’s Monday morning practice, according to David Pollak of Working the Corners. On the bright side, the Sharks rookie still didn’t rule out the possibility of playing against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday (also according to Pollak).
Couture crashed into the boards in an awkward and scary-looking way, but the young player explained that he began to feel better once he made his way to the locker room. Couture said “it wasn’t as bad as it looked,” which is great news for the Sharks.
Don’t be surprised if he misses a game or two, but the Sharks must be pleased that it seems like a day-to-day rather than a significant injury. Couture is one of their best goal scorers – rookie or not – so they’ll be happy to have him back whenever he is healthy.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 10
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 35
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)