Mar 21, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Logan Couture went down with a leg injury that forced his teammates to help him off the ice on Saturday night, certainly a scary sight for San Jose Sharks fans. For those of you looking for an update on Couture’s status, it’s a good news/bad news situation.
The bad news is that Couture did not skate during the team’s Monday morning practice, according to David Pollak of Working the Corners. On the bright side, the Sharks rookie still didn’t rule out the possibility of playing against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday (also according to Pollak).
Couture crashed into the boards in an awkward and scary-looking way, but the young player explained that he began to feel better once he made his way to the locker room. Couture said “it wasn’t as bad as it looked,” which is great news for the Sharks.
Don’t be surprised if he misses a game or two, but the Sharks must be pleased that it seems like a day-to-day rather than a significant injury. Couture is one of their best goal scorers – rookie or not – so they’ll be happy to have him back whenever he is healthy.
- BREAKING: End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 0
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 14
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 6
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 40
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)