Mar 21, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Logan Couture went down with a leg injury that forced his teammates to help him off the ice on Saturday night, certainly a scary sight for San Jose Sharks fans. For those of you looking for an update on Couture’s status, it’s a good news/bad news situation.
The bad news is that Couture did not skate during the team’s Monday morning practice, according to David Pollak of Working the Corners. On the bright side, the Sharks rookie still didn’t rule out the possibility of playing against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday (also according to Pollak).
Couture crashed into the boards in an awkward and scary-looking way, but the young player explained that he began to feel better once he made his way to the locker room. Couture said “it wasn’t as bad as it looked,” which is great news for the Sharks.
Don’t be surprised if he misses a game or two, but the Sharks must be pleased that it seems like a day-to-day rather than a significant injury. Couture is one of their best goal scorers – rookie or not – so they’ll be happy to have him back whenever he is healthy.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)