Mar 21, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Logan Couture went down with a leg injury that forced his teammates to help him off the ice on Saturday night, certainly a scary sight for San Jose Sharks fans. For those of you looking for an update on Couture’s status, it’s a good news/bad news situation.
The bad news is that Couture did not skate during the team’s Monday morning practice, according to David Pollak of Working the Corners. On the bright side, the Sharks rookie still didn’t rule out the possibility of playing against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday (also according to Pollak).
Couture crashed into the boards in an awkward and scary-looking way, but the young player explained that he began to feel better once he made his way to the locker room. Couture said “it wasn’t as bad as it looked,” which is great news for the Sharks.
Don’t be surprised if he misses a game or two, but the Sharks must be pleased that it seems like a day-to-day rather than a significant injury. Couture is one of their best goal scorers – rookie or not – so they’ll be happy to have him back whenever he is healthy.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40