Mar 21, 2011, 8:16 PM EDT
Logan Couture went down with a leg injury that forced his teammates to help him off the ice on Saturday night, certainly a scary sight for San Jose Sharks fans. For those of you looking for an update on Couture’s status, it’s a good news/bad news situation.
The bad news is that Couture did not skate during the team’s Monday morning practice, according to David Pollak of Working the Corners. On the bright side, the Sharks rookie still didn’t rule out the possibility of playing against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday (also according to Pollak).
Couture crashed into the boards in an awkward and scary-looking way, but the young player explained that he began to feel better once he made his way to the locker room. Couture said “it wasn’t as bad as it looked,” which is great news for the Sharks.
Don’t be surprised if he misses a game or two, but the Sharks must be pleased that it seems like a day-to-day rather than a significant injury. Couture is one of their best goal scorers – rookie or not – so they’ll be happy to have him back whenever he is healthy.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)