Mar 21, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We all know that Montreal’s P.K. Subban plays the game with a certain flash and dash that drives some opposing players and members of the media crazy. As for us, we’re fans of his and for the bad rap he gets some places, the flair he plays with on the ice is welcome and refreshing. His ability to make a sick play on occasion helps out too.
Subban’s hat trick against Minnesota was fun to watch, and not just for the history involved in it either. The trick was the first from a rookie defenseman in Canadiens history, but it was his first goal of the night set things up for what was to come. Subban made everyone on the Wild look like pee-wees including Jose Theodore on the finish as he wheeled all around the zone carrying the puck himself. If you’re looking for a video to not show to kids wondering how to pass the puck, this one qualifies for that too.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)