Mar 21, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We all know that Montreal’s P.K. Subban plays the game with a certain flash and dash that drives some opposing players and members of the media crazy. As for us, we’re fans of his and for the bad rap he gets some places, the flair he plays with on the ice is welcome and refreshing. His ability to make a sick play on occasion helps out too.
Subban’s hat trick against Minnesota was fun to watch, and not just for the history involved in it either. The trick was the first from a rookie defenseman in Canadiens history, but it was his first goal of the night set things up for what was to come. Subban made everyone on the Wild look like pee-wees including Jose Theodore on the finish as he wheeled all around the zone carrying the puck himself. If you’re looking for a video to not show to kids wondering how to pass the puck, this one qualifies for that too.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)