Mar 21, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We all know that Montreal’s P.K. Subban plays the game with a certain flash and dash that drives some opposing players and members of the media crazy. As for us, we’re fans of his and for the bad rap he gets some places, the flair he plays with on the ice is welcome and refreshing. His ability to make a sick play on occasion helps out too.
Subban’s hat trick against Minnesota was fun to watch, and not just for the history involved in it either. The trick was the first from a rookie defenseman in Canadiens history, but it was his first goal of the night set things up for what was to come. Subban made everyone on the Wild look like pee-wees including Jose Theodore on the finish as he wheeled all around the zone carrying the puck himself. If you’re looking for a video to not show to kids wondering how to pass the puck, this one qualifies for that too.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)