Mar 21, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We all know that Montreal’s P.K. Subban plays the game with a certain flash and dash that drives some opposing players and members of the media crazy. As for us, we’re fans of his and for the bad rap he gets some places, the flair he plays with on the ice is welcome and refreshing. His ability to make a sick play on occasion helps out too.
Subban’s hat trick against Minnesota was fun to watch, and not just for the history involved in it either. The trick was the first from a rookie defenseman in Canadiens history, but it was his first goal of the night set things up for what was to come. Subban made everyone on the Wild look like pee-wees including Jose Theodore on the finish as he wheeled all around the zone carrying the puck himself. If you’re looking for a video to not show to kids wondering how to pass the puck, this one qualifies for that too.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)