Mar 21, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
One of the factors that makes the Washington Capitals’ return to elite status so impressive is that they keep winning despite some significant injuries. The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera provided some updates regarding the team’s injury problems – beyond the brief absence of superstar Alex Ovechkin – today.
First things first, Carrera shares word from “multiple sources” that newly acquired center Jason Arnott is dealing with a groin injury. Arnott apparently skated for 10 minutes today, but reportedly skated “gingerly.”
Secondly, Mike Green is eligible to return by March 22nd, but coach Bruce Boudreau indicated that there is no timetable for him to come back.
Finally, in less renowned player news, defenseman John Erskine is expected to play against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday while Eric Fehr is questionable for that contest. On the bright side, Boudreau said Fehr should be back “in the next three games.”
Washington is playing some great hockey lately, but surely they must hope to be close to 100 percent by the playoffs. That looks like a solid bet for most players, but one must wonder about Green with his concussion problems. We’ll keep you updated as the team approaches another playoff run in 2011.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 18
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 14
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)