Mar 21, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
One of the factors that makes the Washington Capitals’ return to elite status so impressive is that they keep winning despite some significant injuries. The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera provided some updates regarding the team’s injury problems – beyond the brief absence of superstar Alex Ovechkin – today.
First things first, Carrera shares word from “multiple sources” that newly acquired center Jason Arnott is dealing with a groin injury. Arnott apparently skated for 10 minutes today, but reportedly skated “gingerly.”
Secondly, Mike Green is eligible to return by March 22nd, but coach Bruce Boudreau indicated that there is no timetable for him to come back.
Finally, in less renowned player news, defenseman John Erskine is expected to play against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday while Eric Fehr is questionable for that contest. On the bright side, Boudreau said Fehr should be back “in the next three games.”
Washington is playing some great hockey lately, but surely they must hope to be close to 100 percent by the playoffs. That looks like a solid bet for most players, but one must wonder about Green with his concussion problems. We’ll keep you updated as the team approaches another playoff run in 2011.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (65)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)