Mar 20, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
(Want to share your own picks for the Hart Trophy? Click here to have your say.)
Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire shared three skaters and three goalies who might be most deserving of a Hart Trophy nod this year. Milbury discussed Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews, NHL scoring leader/Vancouver Canucks winger Daniel Sedin and future Hall of Fame Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom. McGuire pointed to three crucial netminders who deserve more than Vezina consideration: Montreal Canadiens workhorse Carey Price, unorthodox Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas and Pekka Rinne (the Nashville Predators’ sorely underrated stopper).
It’s tough to argue with that list, even though McGuire correctly brings up the name Steven Stamkos. Losing Sidney Crosby for half of the season was a tough thing for the league, but this video shows that there’s plenty of firepower remaining among the league’s elite ranks.
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 1
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 25
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8