Mar 20, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
(Want to share your own picks for the Hart Trophy? Click here to have your say.)
Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire shared three skaters and three goalies who might be most deserving of a Hart Trophy nod this year. Milbury discussed Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews, NHL scoring leader/Vancouver Canucks winger Daniel Sedin and future Hall of Fame Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom. McGuire pointed to three crucial netminders who deserve more than Vezina consideration: Montreal Canadiens workhorse Carey Price, unorthodox Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas and Pekka Rinne (the Nashville Predators’ sorely underrated stopper).
It’s tough to argue with that list, even though McGuire correctly brings up the name Steven Stamkos. Losing Sidney Crosby for half of the season was a tough thing for the league, but this video shows that there’s plenty of firepower remaining among the league’s elite ranks.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7