Mar 20, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
(Want to share your own picks for the Hart Trophy? Click here to have your say.)
Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire shared three skaters and three goalies who might be most deserving of a Hart Trophy nod this year. Milbury discussed Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews, NHL scoring leader/Vancouver Canucks winger Daniel Sedin and future Hall of Fame Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom. McGuire pointed to three crucial netminders who deserve more than Vezina consideration: Montreal Canadiens workhorse Carey Price, unorthodox Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas and Pekka Rinne (the Nashville Predators’ sorely underrated stopper).
It’s tough to argue with that list, even though McGuire correctly brings up the name Steven Stamkos. Losing Sidney Crosby for half of the season was a tough thing for the league, but this video shows that there’s plenty of firepower remaining among the league’s elite ranks.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32