Mar 20, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
(Want to share your own picks for the Hart Trophy? Click here to have your say.)
Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire shared three skaters and three goalies who might be most deserving of a Hart Trophy nod this year. Milbury discussed Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews, NHL scoring leader/Vancouver Canucks winger Daniel Sedin and future Hall of Fame Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom. McGuire pointed to three crucial netminders who deserve more than Vezina consideration: Montreal Canadiens workhorse Carey Price, unorthodox Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas and Pekka Rinne (the Nashville Predators’ sorely underrated stopper).
It’s tough to argue with that list, even though McGuire correctly brings up the name Steven Stamkos. Losing Sidney Crosby for half of the season was a tough thing for the league, but this video shows that there’s plenty of firepower remaining among the league’s elite ranks.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2