Mar 20, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
No doubt about it, Matt Cooke‘s ugly elbow on Ryan McDonagh had a huge impact on this afternoon’s game between the New York Rangers and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Before that happened, it was a 1-1 game through about two periods and change. After it took place, Chris Kunitz scored a shorthanded goal but the Rangers answered with the game’s next four goals.
If you want to witness all seven goals – including five from that wild third period – then you came to the right place. This video includes every goal from the NBC Game of the Week featuring the Rangers and Penguins.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)