Mar 20, 2011, 4:54 PM EDT
No doubt about it, Matt Cooke‘s ugly elbow on Ryan McDonagh had a huge impact on this afternoon’s game between the New York Rangers and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Before that happened, it was a 1-1 game through about two periods and change. After it took place, Chris Kunitz scored a shorthanded goal but the Rangers answered with the game’s next four goals.
If you want to witness all seven goals – including five from that wild third period – then you came to the right place. This video includes every goal from the NBC Game of the Week featuring the Rangers and Penguins.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)