Mar 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like the choice to make Tyler Ennis the March 19th Goal of the Night winner, there were a lot of great saves – and goalie performances – to choose from Saturday. Pekka Rinne made some nice stops on his way to a victory against the Detroit Red Wings while Mathieu Garon turned away the Minnesota Wild in overtime.
Ultimately, it came down to James Reimer. The Toronto Maple Leafs rookie netminder made an outstanding save on Tyler Seguin, which is almost symbolic since Reimer’s having a superior first year to Seguin in many ways.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46