Mar 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like the choice to make Tyler Ennis the March 19th Goal of the Night winner, there were a lot of great saves – and goalie performances – to choose from Saturday. Pekka Rinne made some nice stops on his way to a victory against the Detroit Red Wings while Mathieu Garon turned away the Minnesota Wild in overtime.
Ultimately, it came down to James Reimer. The Toronto Maple Leafs rookie netminder made an outstanding save on Tyler Seguin, which is almost symbolic since Reimer’s having a superior first year to Seguin in many ways.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22