Mar 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like the choice to make Tyler Ennis the March 19th Goal of the Night winner, there were a lot of great saves – and goalie performances – to choose from Saturday. Pekka Rinne made some nice stops on his way to a victory against the Detroit Red Wings while Mathieu Garon turned away the Minnesota Wild in overtime.
Ultimately, it came down to James Reimer. The Toronto Maple Leafs rookie netminder made an outstanding save on Tyler Seguin, which is almost symbolic since Reimer’s having a superior first year to Seguin in many ways.
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 5
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 2
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2