Mar 20, 2011, 12:09 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks rookie Logan Couture has been such a great all-around player in his first full season that he earned both mid-season Calder Trophy nods from the PHT staff. He’s a goal scorer with a nose for the net, but the worry is that he might miss some time.
That’s because he left tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues with an apparent right leg injury, according to the Associated Press. (Brett Hedican writes that it might be an ankle injury, but there’s no official word.)
It’s unclear how severe the injury is, but we’ll let you know when we hear more. Couture has 27 goals and 21 assists for 48 points in 69 games for the Sharks so far this season, so losing him would be a big blow for the contending team.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5