Mar 20, 2011, 12:09 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks rookie Logan Couture has been such a great all-around player in his first full season that he earned both mid-season Calder Trophy nods from the PHT staff. He’s a goal scorer with a nose for the net, but the worry is that he might miss some time.
That’s because he left tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues with an apparent right leg injury, according to the Associated Press. (Brett Hedican writes that it might be an ankle injury, but there’s no official word.)
It’s unclear how severe the injury is, but we’ll let you know when we hear more. Couture has 27 goals and 21 assists for 48 points in 69 games for the Sharks so far this season, so losing him would be a big blow for the contending team.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 10
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 15
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25