Mar 20, 2011, 12:09 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks rookie Logan Couture has been such a great all-around player in his first full season that he earned both mid-season Calder Trophy nods from the PHT staff. He’s a goal scorer with a nose for the net, but the worry is that he might miss some time.
That’s because he left tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues with an apparent right leg injury, according to the Associated Press. (Brett Hedican writes that it might be an ankle injury, but there’s no official word.)
It’s unclear how severe the injury is, but we’ll let you know when we hear more. Couture has 27 goals and 21 assists for 48 points in 69 games for the Sharks so far this season, so losing him would be a big blow for the contending team.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8