Mar 20, 2011, 12:09 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks rookie Logan Couture has been such a great all-around player in his first full season that he earned both mid-season Calder Trophy nods from the PHT staff. He’s a goal scorer with a nose for the net, but the worry is that he might miss some time.
That’s because he left tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues with an apparent right leg injury, according to the Associated Press. (Brett Hedican writes that it might be an ankle injury, but there’s no official word.)
It’s unclear how severe the injury is, but we’ll let you know when we hear more. Couture has 27 goals and 21 assists for 48 points in 69 games for the Sharks so far this season, so losing him would be a big blow for the contending team.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18