Mar 20, 2011, 10:57 AM EDT
Perhaps you can break this morning’s New York Rangers personnel news into “Good, bad and ugly” categories (updates according to Steve Zipay).
Bad: Workhorse defenseman Marc Staal, however, will not be able to play. While his injury is undisclosed, Zipay indicates that the problem might be a damaged knee, rather than an eye problem.
Ugly: Finally, Zipay reports that Sean Avery will be a healthy scratch once again. Avery’s pest act can be very “feast or famine,” so perhaps head coach John Tortorella thinks he’s been leaning toward famine too much lately.
The Rangers have a lot riding on this afternoon’s NBC Game of the Week against the Pittsburgh Penguins at 12:30 pm ET. It’s expected to be a matchup between Lundqvist and Marc-Andre Fleury in the nets today, so while both teams might be a few strides short of 100 percent, at least the goaltending should be at or near full-strength.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 0
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 8
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)