Mar 19, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks hold a slim lead in the Pacific Division right now, so even though their spot in the playoffs is fairly secure, tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues is pretty important.
The team will be without the steadying presence of their head coach Tod McLellan tonight, though. He will miss the game to attend the funeral of his brother-in-law in Saskatchewan, according to the Associated Press.
McLellan won’t be the first coach to miss games this season, although Chicago Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville was sidelined for health-related reasons. The good news is that McLellan will almost certainly be back behind the Sharks bench for their next game, as they won’t play again until Wednesday against the Calgary Flames.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12