Mar 19, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks hold a slim lead in the Pacific Division right now, so even though their spot in the playoffs is fairly secure, tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues is pretty important.
The team will be without the steadying presence of their head coach Tod McLellan tonight, though. He will miss the game to attend the funeral of his brother-in-law in Saskatchewan, according to the Associated Press.
McLellan won’t be the first coach to miss games this season, although Chicago Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville was sidelined for health-related reasons. The good news is that McLellan will almost certainly be back behind the Sharks bench for their next game, as they won’t play again until Wednesday against the Calgary Flames.
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 0
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Datsyuk, Mrazek powers Red Wings past Lightning in Game 1 30