Mar 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We have a soft spot for overtime game-winners. On a light night in the NHL, it was pretty easy to go straight to the OT winner as a potential Goal of the Night. When you see Joni Pitkanen’s one-timer off the post (and ensuing celebration in the raucous RBC Center), you’ll see why it was a worthy recipient. It was certainly a great goal for the Hurricanes and their fans—but more importantly, it was a big goal for their season. Every point matters and this one shot banked two in the standings.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 3
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39