Mar 18, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with the weekend preview to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This Sunday’s game at 12:30 p.m. ET features the resilient Pittsburgh Penguins hosting the playoff hopeful New York Rangers from CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh. The Penguins continue to play tough hockey without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in the lineup and remain a threat to win the Atlantic Division and the top spot in the Eastern Conference. The Rangers sit in seventh place in the East and hope to keep it together the rest of the way to get into the playoffs.
With Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury leading the way for Pittsburgh along with James Neal and Kris Letang, they’ll hope to keep up with Marc Staal, Marian Gaborik, and Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers. Mike takes a look at how he sees things shaking out this Sunday afternoon.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)