Mar 18, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with the weekend preview to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This Sunday’s game at 12:30 p.m. ET features the resilient Pittsburgh Penguins hosting the playoff hopeful New York Rangers from CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh. The Penguins continue to play tough hockey without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in the lineup and remain a threat to win the Atlantic Division and the top spot in the Eastern Conference. The Rangers sit in seventh place in the East and hope to keep it together the rest of the way to get into the playoffs.
With Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury leading the way for Pittsburgh along with James Neal and Kris Letang, they’ll hope to keep up with Marc Staal, Marian Gaborik, and Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers. Mike takes a look at how he sees things shaking out this Sunday afternoon.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5