Mar 18, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with the weekend preview to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This Sunday’s game at 12:30 p.m. ET features the resilient Pittsburgh Penguins hosting the playoff hopeful New York Rangers from CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh. The Penguins continue to play tough hockey without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in the lineup and remain a threat to win the Atlantic Division and the top spot in the Eastern Conference. The Rangers sit in seventh place in the East and hope to keep it together the rest of the way to get into the playoffs.
With Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury leading the way for Pittsburgh along with James Neal and Kris Letang, they’ll hope to keep up with Marc Staal, Marian Gaborik, and Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers. Mike takes a look at how he sees things shaking out this Sunday afternoon.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)