Mar 18, 2011, 3:11 PM EST
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with the weekend preview to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This Sunday’s game at 12:30 p.m. ET features the resilient Pittsburgh Penguins hosting the playoff hopeful New York Rangers from CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh. The Penguins continue to play tough hockey without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in the lineup and remain a threat to win the Atlantic Division and the top spot in the Eastern Conference. The Rangers sit in seventh place in the East and hope to keep it together the rest of the way to get into the playoffs.
With Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury leading the way for Pittsburgh along with James Neal and Kris Letang, they’ll hope to keep up with Marc Staal, Marian Gaborik, and Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers. Mike takes a look at how he sees things shaking out this Sunday afternoon.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 52
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)