Mar 18, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with the weekend preview to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This Sunday’s game at 12:30 p.m. ET features the resilient Pittsburgh Penguins hosting the playoff hopeful New York Rangers from CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh. The Penguins continue to play tough hockey without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in the lineup and remain a threat to win the Atlantic Division and the top spot in the Eastern Conference. The Rangers sit in seventh place in the East and hope to keep it together the rest of the way to get into the playoffs.
With Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury leading the way for Pittsburgh along with James Neal and Kris Letang, they’ll hope to keep up with Marc Staal, Marian Gaborik, and Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers. Mike takes a look at how he sees things shaking out this Sunday afternoon.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)