Mar 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
You have to hand it to the Tampa Bay Lightning for making a bigger jump in the Eastern Conference that just about anyone expected, but it’s unclear just how legitimate they are. After all, they tend to get a lot of their points via charity points and shootout wins.
That being said, they have some big-time offensive weapons (especially when Vincent Lecavalier isn’t hacking away at Montreal Canadiens defensemen) and a veteran goalie who might be able to steal some games for them in Dwayne Roloson. Especially when he makes saves like this, the March 17th Save of the Night:
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 1
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 5
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 4
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 22
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 30
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2