Mar 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
You have to hand it to the Tampa Bay Lightning for making a bigger jump in the Eastern Conference that just about anyone expected, but it’s unclear just how legitimate they are. After all, they tend to get a lot of their points via charity points and shootout wins.
That being said, they have some big-time offensive weapons (especially when Vincent Lecavalier isn’t hacking away at Montreal Canadiens defensemen) and a veteran goalie who might be able to steal some games for them in Dwayne Roloson. Especially when he makes saves like this, the March 17th Save of the Night:
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53