Mar 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
You have to hand it to the Tampa Bay Lightning for making a bigger jump in the Eastern Conference that just about anyone expected, but it’s unclear just how legitimate they are. After all, they tend to get a lot of their points via charity points and shootout wins.
That being said, they have some big-time offensive weapons (especially when Vincent Lecavalier isn’t hacking away at Montreal Canadiens defensemen) and a veteran goalie who might be able to steal some games for them in Dwayne Roloson. Especially when he makes saves like this, the March 17th Save of the Night:
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 5
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 3
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46