Mar 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
You have to hand it to the Tampa Bay Lightning for making a bigger jump in the Eastern Conference that just about anyone expected, but it’s unclear just how legitimate they are. After all, they tend to get a lot of their points via charity points and shootout wins.
That being said, they have some big-time offensive weapons (especially when Vincent Lecavalier isn’t hacking away at Montreal Canadiens defensemen) and a veteran goalie who might be able to steal some games for them in Dwayne Roloson. Especially when he makes saves like this, the March 17th Save of the Night:
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54