Mar 18, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings might have gained two points during their 2-0 win against the Columbus Blue Jackets last night, but it looked like it might have come at the cost of two important players. Both Pavel Datsyuk and Brian Rafalski were banged up during that game, but Helene St. James reports that both players only have minor injuries.
St. James reports that Rafalski is expected to play against the Nashville Predators on Saturday while Datsyuk is day-to-day, meaning that game is a toss-up for the Russian forward. Rafalski tweaked his knee during the third period while Datsyuk suffered a lower-body injury from a Rick Nash hit along the boards during the second, according to St. James.
Jiri Hudler is one player who will miss that game, though, as flu symptoms will sideline him until Monday’s game against the Penguins in Pittsburgh.
It’s tough not to worry a bit about Detroit’s age these days – especially when you consider the kind of mileage players such as Datsyuk have accrued from all the lengthy playoff runs – but the Red Wings are still an elite team in the West. Especially with Rafalski and Datsyuk remaining healthy.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)