Mar 18, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
While Vincent Lecavalier‘s slash on P.K. Subban drew a lot of attention last night, it sounds like there’s a chance that Patric Hornqvist might be the one who will face supplemental discipline for his elbow on Tyler Seguin.
Mike Murphy will handle the hearing with Hornqvist instead of Colin Campbell because Gregory Campbell plays with Seguin’s Boston Bruins.
Hornqvist received a five-minute major penalty and game misconduct for the elbow. It’s tough to gauge whether or not the Nashville Predators forward will actually get a suspension or fine, but you can take a look at video of the hit here.
We’ll let you know if Hornqvist ends up receiving any kind of punishment for the hit.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 19
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)