Mar 18, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
While Vincent Lecavalier‘s slash on P.K. Subban drew a lot of attention last night, it sounds like there’s a chance that Patric Hornqvist might be the one who will face supplemental discipline for his elbow on Tyler Seguin.
Mike Murphy will handle the hearing with Hornqvist instead of Colin Campbell because Gregory Campbell plays with Seguin’s Boston Bruins.
Hornqvist received a five-minute major penalty and game misconduct for the elbow. It’s tough to gauge whether or not the Nashville Predators forward will actually get a suspension or fine, but you can take a look at video of the hit here.
We’ll let you know if Hornqvist ends up receiving any kind of punishment for the hit.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 10
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)