Mar 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When I had the chance to see the Los Angeles Kings play the Dallas Stars early this season, Jonathan Quick put on one of the best goaltending displays I’ve seen in person. Quick’s credibility should not be denied, even if he has his low moments.
Of course, when you read a paragraph like that, you’re probably waiting for “Yeah, but …” So here it goes. Quick and the Kings had an awful night against the St. Louis Blues on Thursday. When your coach calls out fans for booing the home team, it’s a sign that you probably didn’t experience an outstanding night.
If you want one clip to capture how low things went for the Kings, watch this half-ice humiliation of a goal in which Alex Pietrangelo beat Quick from right inside the red line. Forgive the sarcastic Goal of the Night, but this was a rare moment – especially for a very good goalie like Quick.
Now, just in case you want a “serious” goal while you drink your coffee/pretend to send your resume to employers, NHL.com was sweet enough to collect all 54 of Thursday’s goals in one video. Enjoy.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)