Mar 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
When I had the chance to see the Los Angeles Kings play the Dallas Stars early this season, Jonathan Quick put on one of the best goaltending displays I’ve seen in person. Quick’s credibility should not be denied, even if he has his low moments.
Of course, when you read a paragraph like that, you’re probably waiting for “Yeah, but …” So here it goes. Quick and the Kings had an awful night against the St. Louis Blues on Thursday. When your coach calls out fans for booing the home team, it’s a sign that you probably didn’t experience an outstanding night.
If you want one clip to capture how low things went for the Kings, watch this half-ice humiliation of a goal in which Alex Pietrangelo beat Quick from right inside the red line. Forgive the sarcastic Goal of the Night, but this was a rare moment – especially for a very good goalie like Quick.
Now, just in case you want a “serious” goal while you drink your coffee/pretend to send your resume to employers, NHL.com was sweet enough to collect all 54 of Thursday’s goals in one video. Enjoy.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5