Mar 17, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Things could have been very different in Toronto’s 3-1 win in Carolina on Wednesday night. Early in the 2nd period, the Leafs and Canes were tied 1-1 when Eric Staal had a breakaway. If he scores, the rest of the game takes on a completely different complexion. Instead,James Reimer continued to give Leafs Nation unbridaled hope by stoning the eldest Staal brother with a strong pad against the post. The Leafs went on to win the game on the power of two goals by Dion Phaneuf, but they can look back to this save by Reimer as a turning point.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9