Mar 17, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Things could have been very different in Toronto’s 3-1 win in Carolina on Wednesday night. Early in the 2nd period, the Leafs and Canes were tied 1-1 when Eric Staal had a breakaway. If he scores, the rest of the game takes on a completely different complexion. Instead,James Reimer continued to give Leafs Nation unbridaled hope by stoning the eldest Staal brother with a strong pad against the post. The Leafs went on to win the game on the power of two goals by Dion Phaneuf, but they can look back to this save by Reimer as a turning point.
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 20
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 10
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 35
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79