Mar 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EST
It’s Thursday and that means the NHL announced which game will be NBC’s Game of the Week. On April 3 at 12:30 p.m. ET it’ll be the New York Rangers heading to Philadelphia to take on the Flyers in their house. The Flyers will have revenge on their mind as when these two last met up on NBC’s Game of the Week on March 6, the Rangers schooled them by a 7-0 final. Ryan Callahan scored four goals and had an assist to lead the way for the Rangers while Henrik Lundqvist earned a stress-free shutout.
With the game coming in the second to last weekend of the season, expect the stress to be high on both teams as the Flyers with captain Mike Richards and fellow forwards Jeff Carter and Daniel Briere hope to still be on top of the Eastern Conference and the Atlantic Division. The Rangers will be hoping that Marian Gaborik and Marc Staal can help them hang on to a spot in the playoffs so they can avoid running into the same problem they had at the end of last season when they lost in a shootout on the final day of the season to the Flyers. That loss knocked the Rangers out of the playoffs and the Flyers into the postseason where they went on to make the Stanley Cup final.
With these two teams facing off once again on NBC, it makes for the right way to tune up for the playoffs having these two hated rivals battling it out in the waning days of the regular season.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 0
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3