Mar 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
It’s Thursday and that means the NHL announced which game will be NBC’s Game of the Week. On April 3 at 12:30 p.m. ET it’ll be the New York Rangers heading to Philadelphia to take on the Flyers in their house. The Flyers will have revenge on their mind as when these two last met up on NBC’s Game of the Week on March 6, the Rangers schooled them by a 7-0 final. Ryan Callahan scored four goals and had an assist to lead the way for the Rangers while Henrik Lundqvist earned a stress-free shutout.
With the game coming in the second to last weekend of the season, expect the stress to be high on both teams as the Flyers with captain Mike Richards and fellow forwards Jeff Carter and Daniel Briere hope to still be on top of the Eastern Conference and the Atlantic Division. The Rangers will be hoping that Marian Gaborik and Marc Staal can help them hang on to a spot in the playoffs so they can avoid running into the same problem they had at the end of last season when they lost in a shootout on the final day of the season to the Flyers. That loss knocked the Rangers out of the playoffs and the Flyers into the postseason where they went on to make the Stanley Cup final.
With these two teams facing off once again on NBC, it makes for the right way to tune up for the playoffs having these two hated rivals battling it out in the waning days of the regular season.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 8
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 5
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 46
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1