Mar 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
It’s Thursday and that means the NHL announced which game will be NBC’s Game of the Week. On April 3 at 12:30 p.m. ET it’ll be the New York Rangers heading to Philadelphia to take on the Flyers in their house. The Flyers will have revenge on their mind as when these two last met up on NBC’s Game of the Week on March 6, the Rangers schooled them by a 7-0 final. Ryan Callahan scored four goals and had an assist to lead the way for the Rangers while Henrik Lundqvist earned a stress-free shutout.
With the game coming in the second to last weekend of the season, expect the stress to be high on both teams as the Flyers with captain Mike Richards and fellow forwards Jeff Carter and Daniel Briere hope to still be on top of the Eastern Conference and the Atlantic Division. The Rangers will be hoping that Marian Gaborik and Marc Staal can help them hang on to a spot in the playoffs so they can avoid running into the same problem they had at the end of last season when they lost in a shootout on the final day of the season to the Flyers. That loss knocked the Rangers out of the playoffs and the Flyers into the postseason where they went on to make the Stanley Cup final.
With these two teams facing off once again on NBC, it makes for the right way to tune up for the playoffs having these two hated rivals battling it out in the waning days of the regular season.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 20
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 23
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)