Mar 16, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Sometimes we forget how good Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist can be. Last night, the Islanders found out on two different occasions just how good Lundqvist can be when he’s focused on the game. Lundqvist made a pair of insane glove saves on Kyle Okposo to keep the surging Islanders off the board. The Rangers went on to win last night’s game 6-3 and move into sole possession of the seventh spot in the East.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 0
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 11
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25