Mar 15, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Some of my favorite Save of the Night clips are actually great examples of the talents of both the shooter and goalie.
This is one of those videos, as Ryan Kesler showed impressive hustle, timing and strength to take the puck away from Jack Spurgeon and put a great shot on net. Unfortunately for Kesler, Niklas Backstrom was up to the task, making a great glove save. Ultimately Kesler got the last laugh with two goals (although one came with an empty net), but it’s an entertaining clip worthy of March 15th’s Save of the Night.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39