Mar 15, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Some of my favorite Save of the Night clips are actually great examples of the talents of both the shooter and goalie.
This is one of those videos, as Ryan Kesler showed impressive hustle, timing and strength to take the puck away from Jack Spurgeon and put a great shot on net. Unfortunately for Kesler, Niklas Backstrom was up to the task, making a great glove save. Ultimately Kesler got the last laugh with two goals (although one came with an empty net), but it’s an entertaining clip worthy of March 15th’s Save of the Night.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 57
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15