Mar 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Evidence of such a sentiment is revealed day after day, even beyond the simple functions of playing the sport. Mikko Koivu is the Minnesota Wild’s best player and captain, something he showed with his toughness and skills last night. He scored a goal and an assist in his first game back after missing 11 games with a broken finger.
Check out his opportunistic goal in the video below.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 0
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 8
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 27
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 10
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)