Mar 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Evidence of such a sentiment is revealed day after day, even beyond the simple functions of playing the sport. Mikko Koivu is the Minnesota Wild’s best player and captain, something he showed with his toughness and skills last night. He scored a goal and an assist in his first game back after missing 11 games with a broken finger.
Check out his opportunistic goal in the video below.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 2
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 15
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 27
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 124
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)