Mar 15, 2011, 4:50 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
It’s not often that a goalie wins a Save of the Night award when he made a save but then allowed a goal on a rebound. It’s even more uncommon when that same play wins Save of the Week, but that’s what happened with Cam Ward for last week.
To be fair, it was a pretty great save before his defense left him out to dry. Something tells me that there are some supportive Carolina Hurricanes fans at PHT, though.
Watch footage of the save and the goal in the video below.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 20
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 11
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)