Mar 15, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
There’s still time to vote for the best save of last week. Click here to do so.
For the second week in a row, Alex Ovechkin won the Goal of the Week award.
Before you call it a popularity contest – OK, almost every Internet poll is a popularity contest – those goals are pretty fun to watch. Not that such a fact is particularly surprising when you consider the source, as Ovechkin is basically the human embodiment of entertainment.
Here are the poll results.
Enjoy footage of his second straight Goal of the Week win in the video below.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 2
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2