Mar 14, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
As Ducks goalie Ray Emery made his season debut with mop up duty of the third period of the Ducks 5-2 loss to Phoenix, Emery was able to go the period without allowing a goal. One big reason why he was able to go spotless was thanks to the quick work of his defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky. Visnovsky had Emery’s back when a Vernon Fiddler shot squeezed between his legs and was destined for the net when Visnovsky swept it away from the line before crossing.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17