Mar 14, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
As Ducks goalie Ray Emery made his season debut with mop up duty of the third period of the Ducks 5-2 loss to Phoenix, Emery was able to go the period without allowing a goal. One big reason why he was able to go spotless was thanks to the quick work of his defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky. Visnovsky had Emery’s back when a Vernon Fiddler shot squeezed between his legs and was destined for the net when Visnovsky swept it away from the line before crossing.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 0
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 5
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 7
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 36
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8