Mar 14, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
As Ducks goalie Ray Emery made his season debut with mop up duty of the third period of the Ducks 5-2 loss to Phoenix, Emery was able to go the period without allowing a goal. One big reason why he was able to go spotless was thanks to the quick work of his defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky. Visnovsky had Emery’s back when a Vernon Fiddler shot squeezed between his legs and was destined for the net when Visnovsky swept it away from the line before crossing.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5