Mar 13, 2011, 4:03 PM EST
Beyond concussion issues/suspension debates and the New Jersey Devils’ ridiculous peaks and valleys, some of the biggest stories of the 2010-11 season revolve around teams experiencing huge changes both on and off the ice.
Mike Milbury made refreshing turnarounds the driving force of this week’s Hat Trick segment, as he discussed the impact of Terry Pegula on the Buffalo Sabres, the dramatic post-Darryl Sutter rebound by the Calgary Flames and the Washington Capitals’ impressive defense-first priority change.
While Milbury discussed changing for the better, Pierre McGuire focused on one team whose fate hasn’t changed as much as many expected. The Pittsburgh Penguins have been hammered by injuries to stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, yet they keep plugging along.
Check out their thoughts on these subjects in the video below.
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 0
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 3
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 9
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)