Mar 13, 2011, 4:03 PM EDT
Beyond concussion issues/suspension debates and the New Jersey Devils’ ridiculous peaks and valleys, some of the biggest stories of the 2010-11 season revolve around teams experiencing huge changes both on and off the ice.
Mike Milbury made refreshing turnarounds the driving force of this week’s Hat Trick segment, as he discussed the impact of Terry Pegula on the Buffalo Sabres, the dramatic post-Darryl Sutter rebound by the Calgary Flames and the Washington Capitals’ impressive defense-first priority change.
While Milbury discussed changing for the better, Pierre McGuire focused on one team whose fate hasn’t changed as much as many expected. The Pittsburgh Penguins have been hammered by injuries to stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, yet they keep plugging along.
Check out their thoughts on these subjects in the video below.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)