Mar 13, 2011, 4:03 PM EST
Beyond concussion issues/suspension debates and the New Jersey Devils’ ridiculous peaks and valleys, some of the biggest stories of the 2010-11 season revolve around teams experiencing huge changes both on and off the ice.
Mike Milbury made refreshing turnarounds the driving force of this week’s Hat Trick segment, as he discussed the impact of Terry Pegula on the Buffalo Sabres, the dramatic post-Darryl Sutter rebound by the Calgary Flames and the Washington Capitals’ impressive defense-first priority change.
While Milbury discussed changing for the better, Pierre McGuire focused on one team whose fate hasn’t changed as much as many expected. The Pittsburgh Penguins have been hammered by injuries to stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, yet they keep plugging along.
Check out their thoughts on these subjects in the video below.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 152
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)