Mar 13, 2011, 4:03 PM EST
Beyond concussion issues/suspension debates and the New Jersey Devils’ ridiculous peaks and valleys, some of the biggest stories of the 2010-11 season revolve around teams experiencing huge changes both on and off the ice.
Mike Milbury made refreshing turnarounds the driving force of this week’s Hat Trick segment, as he discussed the impact of Terry Pegula on the Buffalo Sabres, the dramatic post-Darryl Sutter rebound by the Calgary Flames and the Washington Capitals’ impressive defense-first priority change.
While Milbury discussed changing for the better, Pierre McGuire focused on one team whose fate hasn’t changed as much as many expected. The Pittsburgh Penguins have been hammered by injuries to stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, yet they keep plugging along.
Check out their thoughts on these subjects in the video below.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)