Mar 13, 2011, 4:03 PM EST
Beyond concussion issues/suspension debates and the New Jersey Devils’ ridiculous peaks and valleys, some of the biggest stories of the 2010-11 season revolve around teams experiencing huge changes both on and off the ice.
Mike Milbury made refreshing turnarounds the driving force of this week’s Hat Trick segment, as he discussed the impact of Terry Pegula on the Buffalo Sabres, the dramatic post-Darryl Sutter rebound by the Calgary Flames and the Washington Capitals’ impressive defense-first priority change.
While Milbury discussed changing for the better, Pierre McGuire focused on one team whose fate hasn’t changed as much as many expected. The Pittsburgh Penguins have been hammered by injuries to stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, yet they keep plugging along.
Check out their thoughts on these subjects in the video below.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46