Mar 13, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
In this video, Mike Milbury justifiably points to the Vancouver Canucks as an odds-on favorite to win the Stanley Cup and also discusses the building rivalry between the Chicago Blackhawks and the San Jose Sharks.
Beyond the simple fact that the Canucks are currently way ahead of the rest of the league with 99 points, Milbury points to the fact that the team really is strong in all facets of the game. From their 5-on-5 play to special teams and goaltending, there really isn’t a glaring weakness (particularly with strong play by backup netminder Cory Schneider).
Later on in this video, Milbury discusses the growing Hawks-Sharks rivalry, pointing to San Jose nabbing Antti Niemi in particular. Watch this video to hear how Milbury feels about that growing rivalry, Joe Thornton and more.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)