Mar 13, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
In this video, Mike Milbury justifiably points to the Vancouver Canucks as an odds-on favorite to win the Stanley Cup and also discusses the building rivalry between the Chicago Blackhawks and the San Jose Sharks.
Beyond the simple fact that the Canucks are currently way ahead of the rest of the league with 99 points, Milbury points to the fact that the team really is strong in all facets of the game. From their 5-on-5 play to special teams and goaltending, there really isn’t a glaring weakness (particularly with strong play by backup netminder Cory Schneider).
Later on in this video, Milbury discusses the growing Hawks-Sharks rivalry, pointing to San Jose nabbing Antti Niemi in particular. Watch this video to hear how Milbury feels about that growing rivalry, Joe Thornton and more.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)