Mar 13, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
In this video, Mike Milbury justifiably points to the Vancouver Canucks as an odds-on favorite to win the Stanley Cup and also discusses the building rivalry between the Chicago Blackhawks and the San Jose Sharks.
Beyond the simple fact that the Canucks are currently way ahead of the rest of the league with 99 points, Milbury points to the fact that the team really is strong in all facets of the game. From their 5-on-5 play to special teams and goaltending, there really isn’t a glaring weakness (particularly with strong play by backup netminder Cory Schneider).
Later on in this video, Milbury discusses the growing Hawks-Sharks rivalry, pointing to San Jose nabbing Antti Niemi in particular. Watch this video to hear how Milbury feels about that growing rivalry, Joe Thornton and more.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12