Mar 13, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
In this video, Mike Milbury justifiably points to the Vancouver Canucks as an odds-on favorite to win the Stanley Cup and also discusses the building rivalry between the Chicago Blackhawks and the San Jose Sharks.
Beyond the simple fact that the Canucks are currently way ahead of the rest of the league with 99 points, Milbury points to the fact that the team really is strong in all facets of the game. From their 5-on-5 play to special teams and goaltending, there really isn’t a glaring weakness (particularly with strong play by backup netminder Cory Schneider).
Later on in this video, Milbury discusses the growing Hawks-Sharks rivalry, pointing to San Jose nabbing Antti Niemi in particular. Watch this video to hear how Milbury feels about that growing rivalry, Joe Thornton and more.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)