Mar 13, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Earlier in the week we saw Montreal’s Max Pacioretty have his neck broken and sustain a severe concussion when he was hit by Zdeno Chara into the stanchion between the benches in Montreal’s Bell Centre. That hit has sparked debates over player safety in the rinks as well as debates over the amount of respect players have for each other.
Between periods today, Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire levied their opinions on what should be done to help curtail the number of violent hits and concussions as well as what should be done to help make the playing area safer in general for the players. As always, the opinions are biting and loaded with truth.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5