Mar 13, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Earlier in the week we saw Montreal’s Max Pacioretty have his neck broken and sustain a severe concussion when he was hit by Zdeno Chara into the stanchion between the benches in Montreal’s Bell Centre. That hit has sparked debates over player safety in the rinks as well as debates over the amount of respect players have for each other.
Between periods today, Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire levied their opinions on what should be done to help curtail the number of violent hits and concussions as well as what should be done to help make the playing area safer in general for the players. As always, the opinions are biting and loaded with truth.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1