Mar 13, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Earlier in the week we saw Montreal’s Max Pacioretty have his neck broken and sustain a severe concussion when he was hit by Zdeno Chara into the stanchion between the benches in Montreal’s Bell Centre. That hit has sparked debates over player safety in the rinks as well as debates over the amount of respect players have for each other.
Between periods today, Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire levied their opinions on what should be done to help curtail the number of violent hits and concussions as well as what should be done to help make the playing area safer in general for the players. As always, the opinions are biting and loaded with truth.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22