Mar 13, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Earlier in the week we saw Montreal’s Max Pacioretty have his neck broken and sustain a severe concussion when he was hit by Zdeno Chara into the stanchion between the benches in Montreal’s Bell Centre. That hit has sparked debates over player safety in the rinks as well as debates over the amount of respect players have for each other.
Between periods today, Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire levied their opinions on what should be done to help curtail the number of violent hits and concussions as well as what should be done to help make the playing area safer in general for the players. As always, the opinions are biting and loaded with truth.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54