Mar 13, 2011, 5:03 PM EST
If you were to make a blind wager on a sports game, it seems like the best bet is almost always to go with the home team. That’s not to say that road teams lose a huge majority of the time, but when in doubt, having a partisan crowd in favor of one side can swing these games of inches.
Yet when you discuss the New York Rangers’ 2010-11 season, they seem to be better off without home cooking. Maybe it’s playing under the glaring (yet oddly lit) spotlight in Madison Square Garden or perhaps the scrappy squad just plays better on the road, but either way it’s undeniable being that they have 21 away wins vs. only 15 in the Big Apple.
Perhaps their road warrior status and higher level of desperation will help them earn a win against the Penguins in Pittsburgh next weekend, as that contest will be the March 20th NBC Game of the Week. Mike Emrick and Ed Olczyk discussed what this game will mean for both teams in the video below.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)