Mar 13, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
If you were to make a blind wager on a sports game, it seems like the best bet is almost always to go with the home team. That’s not to say that road teams lose a huge majority of the time, but when in doubt, having a partisan crowd in favor of one side can swing these games of inches.
Yet when you discuss the New York Rangers’ 2010-11 season, they seem to be better off without home cooking. Maybe it’s playing under the glaring (yet oddly lit) spotlight in Madison Square Garden or perhaps the scrappy squad just plays better on the road, but either way it’s undeniable being that they have 21 away wins vs. only 15 in the Big Apple.
Perhaps their road warrior status and higher level of desperation will help them earn a win against the Penguins in Pittsburgh next weekend, as that contest will be the March 20th NBC Game of the Week. Mike Emrick and Ed Olczyk discussed what this game will mean for both teams in the video below.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (141)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)