Mar 13, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
If you were to make a blind wager on a sports game, it seems like the best bet is almost always to go with the home team. That’s not to say that road teams lose a huge majority of the time, but when in doubt, having a partisan crowd in favor of one side can swing these games of inches.
Yet when you discuss the New York Rangers’ 2010-11 season, they seem to be better off without home cooking. Maybe it’s playing under the glaring (yet oddly lit) spotlight in Madison Square Garden or perhaps the scrappy squad just plays better on the road, but either way it’s undeniable being that they have 21 away wins vs. only 15 in the Big Apple.
Perhaps their road warrior status and higher level of desperation will help them earn a win against the Penguins in Pittsburgh next weekend, as that contest will be the March 20th NBC Game of the Week. Mike Emrick and Ed Olczyk discussed what this game will mean for both teams in the video below.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)