Mar 13, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
If you were to make a blind wager on a sports game, it seems like the best bet is almost always to go with the home team. That’s not to say that road teams lose a huge majority of the time, but when in doubt, having a partisan crowd in favor of one side can swing these games of inches.
Yet when you discuss the New York Rangers’ 2010-11 season, they seem to be better off without home cooking. Maybe it’s playing under the glaring (yet oddly lit) spotlight in Madison Square Garden or perhaps the scrappy squad just plays better on the road, but either way it’s undeniable being that they have 21 away wins vs. only 15 in the Big Apple.
Perhaps their road warrior status and higher level of desperation will help them earn a win against the Penguins in Pittsburgh next weekend, as that contest will be the March 20th NBC Game of the Week. Mike Emrick and Ed Olczyk discussed what this game will mean for both teams in the video below.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31