Mar 13, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
If you were to make a blind wager on a sports game, it seems like the best bet is almost always to go with the home team. That’s not to say that road teams lose a huge majority of the time, but when in doubt, having a partisan crowd in favor of one side can swing these games of inches.
Yet when you discuss the New York Rangers’ 2010-11 season, they seem to be better off without home cooking. Maybe it’s playing under the glaring (yet oddly lit) spotlight in Madison Square Garden or perhaps the scrappy squad just plays better on the road, but either way it’s undeniable being that they have 21 away wins vs. only 15 in the Big Apple.
Perhaps their road warrior status and higher level of desperation will help them earn a win against the Penguins in Pittsburgh next weekend, as that contest will be the March 20th NBC Game of the Week. Mike Emrick and Ed Olczyk discussed what this game will mean for both teams in the video below.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)